Quickly determine where my posts are and where students have replied to me.

Jump to solution
MP123
Community Member

Hello.

I have been using this platform for around two weeks.  This post is about using Canvas on my laptop.

How do I quickly determine where my posts are in a particular discussion, or who has responded to my replies? What I am doing now is impractical and time consuming. I click on a discussion, and then scroll through tens of posts multiple times trying to remember where I posted a reply to my peers.  On another platform, the posts were scaffolded so that I could see my posts and replies to my posts. I cannot imagine  the collaboration portion of class on Canvas; I am going to be spending a lot of time scrolling and clicking and trying to remember where my posts are.  The later in the course we get, the more posts I am going to scrolling through.

I hope that there is something that I am missing, here. I am not the only one struggling. Please help.

Labels (2)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
JessicaDeanSVC
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi there @MP123! In Canvas Discussions, there is a search bar, where you can type in your name to see all instances in the Discussion where your name appears, so you can easily hop right to it! Depending on what version of Canvas Discussions is enabled for your class, that search bar will be right above or right below the Discussion prompt. 

Additionally, when you are in a Discussion, you can press Ctrl and F on your keyboard at the same time to open up a search bar where you can type in your name to search for your posts. 

The replies in Canvas do have that organization where all the replies to your post will be right underneath it, and your replies to other folks will be right underneath what you responded to as well. And in the newer version of Canvas Discussions that will be in all courses starting this summer, you and your classmates will be able to tag one another to help you quickly navigate to where you need to be in a discussion!

View solution in original post

MP123
Community Member
Author

@JessicaDeanSVC  EXCELLENT. THANK YOU. I feel confident moving forward with my classes.

View solution in original post